Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom! I know, you will probably strangle me for writing about you again on my blog, but you know what…that’s okay. I think you need to hear/read these words. You are an amazing individual with a heart the size of Montana (actually bigger but you know what I mean). I am so fortunate to be your daughter, and that you are Emma’s nana. You have provided me with all the wonderful characteristics that you possess, you taught me right from wrong, you taught me how to love, to forgive (I still have a ways to go on that one), to believe good things will happen and to look for the best in people.
When we were at the Wine & Chocolate Festival a couple weeks ago, we were walking to the restroom and passed a man sitting on the bench, he said “excuse me, is that your daughter?” and you replied yes and what he said next surprised me…”He said she is beautiful because of you”. I saw the tears well up in your eyes, because a complete stranger gave you such a compliment, I laughed because I thought you drunk fool. I shouldn’t have laughed, because I took a compliment away from you that you rightly deserve. He was correct, you gave me all your best qualities…unfortunately, I picked up the bad qualities on my own..hehe!
You have been a great role model in my life and for that I am grateful. You have always been there for me whenever I needed a soft place to land, an ear to hear all my thoughts as crazy and random as they might be, a safe place to vent when things just need to come out…you are that ear so I don’t say things to people that I might regret and hurt someone’s feelings. You are always there to support me in whatever adventure I choose, from the smallest of adventures to even my biggest one to date…Emma! Need I say it one more time, she is so lucky to grow up with you and dad, to develop the bond that you have with her and be such an important part of her daily life and upbringing. When we do something fun or for the 1st time, she always says “call Nana & Papa” so she can share it with you as well.
So mom, we extend the happiest of birthday wishes to you. I hope your day is filled with all of your favorite things! We love you to the moon and back!!! Happy Birthday Mom!!
Xoxo, Emma’s mom

No comments:

Post a Comment